How To Start Dropshipping In Nigeria: Having something that gives you money right now in Nigeria is one of best things to do especially for this economic challenge. So if you are students, graduates or even employees that’s looking for a way to make extra cash to sustain living, here is the article that will help you out.
Starting a Dropshipping business in Nigeria will not only earn you extra income but make you rich if you put more effort and also able to solve problems.
Before I decided to write this article, I have come to realize that most successful businesses and companies we see today are not only selling but their solving problems and providing solutions to people is what make them profit and stand out.
So for you looking for ideas to make money, you must be able to solve one or two problems. Allow me to share good news with you guys, this article will guide how to start a successful dropshipping business in nigeria. Before I begin let me first start with an introduction of what dropshipping is.
What is Dropshipping business
Dropshipping simply means selling people products in your store, once you have an order from a customer then you contact the owner of the products and you make payment for the product and the owner of products will ship the product direct to your customer.
Here’s the breakdown:
- You’re the store owner: You build the online shop, market the products, and handle customer service.
- The supplier is the secret warehouse: They keep the products, pack them up, and ship them directly to your customers.
- You’re like a middleman with a website: You connect buyers and sellers without actually owning any inventory.
Now you have an idea what dropshipping business is, let get started with steps.
- Choose niche
- Find supplier
- Setup online store
- Promote your products
Above are 4 steps to start a successful dropshipping business in Nigeria, follow this article carefully to learn, let me explain each step.
- Choose niche
Choosing a niche in dropshipping business is important because it allows you to identify your customers. But when choosing a niche it’s important to consider your skills and also competition.
After choosing a niche, the next step is to choose products to drop ship.
How to find dropshipping products
When you start dropshipping, knowing what to sell is important and how can you find that ? that question. Here is what to consider when choosing products
- Choose something you’re passionate about. You’ll be more likely to succeed if you’re selling products you’re genuinely excited about.
- Do your research. Make sure there’s a demand for the products you want to sell. You can use tools like Google Trends and Ahrefs to research keywords and see how much competition there is.
- Consider the competition. If there’s too much competition in your niche, it may be difficult to stand out.
- Find dropshipping supplier
After choosing a niche the next step is to find legit suppliers, it is important to find suppliers that can deliver to customers in time and also before you choose a supplier it’s important to test the quality of products. Here is what to consider when choosing dropshipping supplier
- Product quality: Make sure the supplier sells high-quality products that you’ll be proud to sell.
- Shipping times: Choose a supplier with fast and reliable shipping times.
- Customer service: Make sure the supplier has good customer service in case you have any problems.
Check below link to learn how to find dropshipping supplier in nigeria
- Setup online store
After finding a dropshipping supplier, the next step is to set up your online store. There are several platforms to use to set up an online store.
When setup online store, consider below factors
- Design: Make sure your store has a clean and professional design that’s easy to navigate.
- Product descriptions: Write clear and concise product descriptions that highlight the benefits of your products.
- Pricing: Set competitive prices that will cover your costs and leave you with a profit.
- Payment processing: Make sure your store accepts a variety of payment methods.
Check below link to check out best platform to host ecommerce website in nigeria
- Promote your products
After setup your online setup your online store, the next step is start promote your store, there several way to promote your store which includes
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Optimize your website for relevant keywords so that people can find your store when they search online.
- Social media marketing: Promote your products on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: Run ads on search engines and social media platforms to target potential customers.
- Email marketing: Build an email list and send regular newsletters to your subscribers.
Faqs About Dropshipping Business in Nigeria
How much do I need to start a dropshipping business in Nigeria?
The truth is, there is no actual amount you need to start dropshipping business in nigeria, the amount of capital you need depends on the niche you are going into. Some people start their dropshipping business with little capital of N15,0000 while some start with N50,000 and personally I started with N5,000.
Can Nigerians do dropshipping?
Yes, although this question sounds funny to me because customers don’t care about your country or skin but your product’s quality.
Once you have quality products, the rest will be history.
How can a beginner start dropshipping?
Yes beginners can start dropshipping but he/she needs a startup idea like finding a niche and setting up an online store.
Is dropshipping allowed on Jumia?
Yes, jumia allows dropshipping. You can check out the link below to learn how to start dropshipping with jumia.